Wilson Wong, a close friend of mine will be joining me on our new YouTube channel – the Dividend Magic Show.
He will be a regular feature on the show when we discuss and attempt to value stocks – both local and international ones. This serves as a sort of introduction to both me and Wilson where we discuss our investing goals and strategies. Learn how we think and why we both choose to invest in stocks over other asset classes.
As we had to do this over Skype, episode 1 will only feature our voices. The audio is of a lower quality as we couldn’t do this in person.
A list of all the videos and episodes of the Dividend Magic Show can be found hERE.
This is a little reveal before the big reveal of how I sound like. Enjoy!
One of the main reasons for the reveal is for me to be able to do videos on YouTube. I get asked a lot on my process when it comes to valuing a company / stock and the best avenue for me to do that is through videos. Instead of a 2,000 word article for every company I talk about, a 1-hour long video would convey my thoughts better.
So please do support the channel and I hope to see everyone at the reveal ”party” at 2 pm on the 8th of November. Thank you for making the time.
- Introducing my friend Wilson. (0:24)
- Plans for the channel. (2:35)
- Why do we invest? (7:00)
- What comes after reaching our targets. (7:30)
- Our current asset allocation. (11:36)
- Why my rental property isn’t part of my portfolio. (14:07)
- Why does Wilson favor stocks over other asset classes. (15:00)
- How do we tackle inflation? (16:25)
- Our investing philosophy and strategies. (19:25)
- Value investing, buy low, sell high. (22:31)
- Goals for local and US portfolios. (23:44)
- Why do we choose to invest in the US? (25:48)
- Thoughts on Mahsing’s venture into gloves. (28:15)
- More examples of why we prefer the US market. (33:00)
- Our portfolio goals. Dividends in Malaysia, capital gains in the US (35:40)
- End. (38:15)